- lime wash – How to make a hot mix (7/26/2017) - We just finished applying a hot lime wash to our 'Ty Twt' building in Wales. Here you can see the finished building. Ty Twt is a load bearing straw bale… Continue Reading
- Hartwyn – Affordable, sustainable, natural homes (3/22/2017) - Offering Natural Building Internships alongside ground-to-key building services. I'm very pleased to present - Hartwyn. Do you or anyone you know need something built? Are you or they interested in… Continue Reading
- Intern Jake’s post on dropping the roof on our strawbale house (2/1/2017) - Jake, one of my 2016 Interns, has been busy updating his website to show the major steps from the build. His latest post is on the subject or dropping the… Continue Reading
- Natural floor insulation (11/3/2016) - Thermofloc is a natural floor insulation. Made from cellulose that has added minerals to make it fire retardant. It is simple to install and is much more affordable than any other… Continue Reading
- Straw bale building – The how to guide (10/23/2016) - In straw bale building we use a few key techniques that are unique to the trade. Around our windows we have posts, so we need to put a notch in… Continue Reading
- Our Natural Building Interns (10/14/2016) - Long overdue group shot of our fantastic natural building interns! Introducing (From the left): Me, Brendan, Rowena, Blythe, Jake & Jamie. This is the team doing the bulk of the… Continue Reading
- Locally sourced materials (10/12/2016) - It is important to us to build with locally sourced materials. We have lots of clay, so are utilising that as much as possible. If this build were elsewhere in… Continue Reading
- Intern post: Car tyre foundations (10/4/2016) - This is our natural building intern, Jake's take on Car tyre Foundations building. Car Tyre foundation, a great way to build strong sturdy pillars, reusing a waste material & without… Continue Reading
- Car tyre foundations – Video (9/16/2016) - This week we have been laying our car tyre foundations for our #BalesInWales cabin. We have chosen to use gabion basket foundations. Though our Gabion baskets are reclaimed car tyres.… Continue Reading
- Project Outline: BalesInWales (9/15/2016) - The load bearing straw bale will be finished externally with lime render and chestnut shakes and roofed with a sedum green roof. Internally it will be plastered using the… Continue Reading
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.