In this episode I talk with Will Stanwix – Co-author of ‘The Hempcrete book – Designing and building with hemp lime’. Will is not only a hemp-lime builder, but also a trained building surveyor and now an accomplished earth builder too.
This is the second part of a 2 hour conversation between Will and myself. For this, we took turns to ask each other questions and go off on geeky/silly tangents. I’ve always enjoyed talking to Will as he isn’t afraid to talk about failures. His honesty about not knowing all the answers is refreshing and really helps you to learn
In this episode we discuss –
- What would you tell the younger version of yourself about natural building
- Wet trades Vs Dry trades
- Our favourite books
- What do you call your job title?
- Favourite natural building product
- Is Natural Building cheap?
If you’d like to hear the original recording, where Will talks about the writing of the Hempcrete book, and how he built and financed building his own home – you can find this on the building sustainability Patreon page – https://www.patreon.com/buildingsustainability
BS25 – Natural Builder Question Time Pt2 – Will Stanwix Links
- Foamglas – Glapor – https://www.lime.org.uk/products/glapor-foamed-glass-gravel/glapor-recycled-foamed-glass-rfg.html
- Leca clay balls – https://www.leca.co.uk/
- Lime green warmshell wood fibre board – https://www.lime-green.co.uk/warmshell
- Emily Reynolds – Japan’s Clay Walls – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9064462-japan-s-clay-walls
- James Henderson – Clay walls – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3592234-earth-render—the-art-of-clay-plaster-render-and-paints
- Lloyd Kahn Books – https://www.shelterpub.com/
- Chris Magwood – https://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Chris-Magwood/Making-Better-Buildings–A-Comparative-Guide-to-Sustainab/16005285
- Franz Volhard – https://www.waterstones.com/book/light-earth-building/franz-volhard/9783035606348
- Historic England practical conservation – https://historicengland.org.uk/advice/technical-advice/buildings/practical-building-conservation/
- Tom Woolley – Health and Indoor Air Quality – https://www.celticsustainables.co.uk/building-materials-health-and-indoor-air-quality-tom-woolley/